Monday, September 13, 2010

Shaking times...

So I have been fairly lazy with my blog, had dreamed I would write every day or two, but that never happened... ill try harder this time!

Anyways big things have been happening... including a massive earthquake! I still cant believe it has happened and no one died! We were woken up at 4.30am just over a week ago with our house violently shaking. It was the scariest thing ever. Mark and I just staying in bed clutching each other not knowing what to do!

We lost power for 7 hours, and relied on the radio to keep us informed. Still a week and a few days after we are still getting aftershocks! Its not nice and you are constantly on edge waiting for more shaking... actually while im writing now we just had another one!

Anyways apart from that, we are moving house in just over a week! I cant wait to get into our new place and buy new furniture and make it look beautiful and homely! I have been looking at lots of different things lately in order to go into the house! I actually bought a new hall table the other day off trade me and was pleasantly surprised how perfect it was for our house!!

And... the other day I got to go out to a stud farm and see some gorgeous foals that had just been born!! So so so cute and I took a thousand photos of them! They were sooo cute, especially one little cutie who came nice and close to us.


My new hall table! Very nice!


Pink flower in our garden.


One of the cracks in the wall on the outside of our house.


The crack in the corner of our office! Not good...


The building in town across the road from the art shop.

No comments: