Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I love butterflies!

So here is my first blog about arts and craft I have been doing!

I have always loved Butterflies! And have been searching for some craft projects for a while!

I found some butterfly cut outs on Etsy a little while back and I loved them!! But I thought to myself I could definitely make that, instead of buying it!

So I did some searching and found the same butterfly punch they had used and bought some colourful paper and went to it!!

I punched some stupid amount of butterflies one night when Mark was in Auckland and I was by myself... I really dont know how many I did but I now have a shoe box full ready and waiting for me to do things with them.

I had seen some pictures of the butterflies put in shadow box frames and hung on the wall so again I ventured down to The Warehouse and bought some frames and tried lots of different colour themes and pattern themes before glueing them together!

These are the end results....



On my desk in the study - to go with my Giraffe and Elephant book ends I got from Smiggle!


An greeny/blue theme for my bedroom!


And another...

No comments: